Guys, I seriously LOVE this breakfast. When you think of avocado toast, you most likely think of a glitzy Hollywood celebrity daintily eating a $20 piece of toast. I am here to tell you that does not need to be the case.
Why it’s Good for You
The healthy fats in the avocado help your body to absorb other nutrients. The sprouted bread is rich in fiber, which will keep you satisfied all morning long. The sprouts, though they may be small, are rich in vitamins and minerals and are a great source of plant-based protein.
What You Need
- Sprouted Whole Wheat Bread
- Alfalfa Sprouts
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
How to Make It
- Toast 2 slices of bread to your desired toasty-ness. I think you can handle that one.
- While the toast is toasting, scoop a whole avocado (minus the seed, obviously) into a bowl. Mash it up to a relatively smooth consistency. Think homemade guacamole texture.
- Top the toast with avocado, sprouts, a drizzle of olive, and salt and pepper
- Sprouted Bread- $5 for 12 slices; About $0.42/slice
- Avocado- $5 for 5 Avocados; $1/avocado
- Sprouts- $3 for a container with 3 servings; $1/ serving
- Olive Oil/Salt/Pepper- you likely already have these items, so FREE!
For a whole week of avocado toast, you would likely pay roughly $16 for 5 meals, which breaks down to around $3.20 PER BREAKFAST! Come one, you know you spend more than that when you go out.
And there you have it! A whole food, nutritious, inexpensive breakfast that will make you feel fancy AF.